Help your dog steer clear of potentially deadly metal light poles in the Seattle area! While it is almost as natural for a dog to approach a light pole as a fire hydrant, the result can be deadly.
We don’t want to be alarmist, but did want to pass along a few words of caution in case you’ve missed these stories.
For the second time in less than a month, a street light pole has been identified as having an electrical fault which could lead to a fatal shock. The most recent story was reported in the Seattle Times involving a metal light pole in he High Point neighborhood.
In late November, a dog was electrocuted in Queen Anne on Thanksgiving Day when he stepped on a metal plate adjacent to a light pole. Our sympathies go out to Lisa McKibbon who lost Sammy to this freak accident.
We’d advise a bit of extra caution when approaching metal light poles until more information is available and inspections are completed. While it is unlikely you will encounter a problem, a bit of extra attention may be in order given these past two occurences.